4.18.2007

Tae Soo Do black belt test #1

As many of you know, I had my first Tae Soo Do black belt test last Thursday. It went very well and I'm clear to move on to test #2 next month. Training for black belt testing has been an exercise in endurance, precision, and polishing technique. It's amazing how similar martial arts training is to the Christian walk; Paul knew what he was talking about when he likened it to running a race in 1 Corinthians and 2 Timothy. My involvement in Tae Soo Do has helped me learn what it means to endure discomfort for a short time, anticipating the results of my labor. It has also helped me to, gradually, be more confident outside my comfort zone, knowing that when I am weak, Christ makes me strong.

The videos below are speed drills. I had to create three sequences of 20 strikes/blocks and execute each of them in under five seconds. Enjoy! (compliments of my parents and the Studers)








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audition tapes for Tekken Idol?

Jonas R. Knudsen said...

You said it Ian! Dave, you have got to send those to Chief Master Lee!

Anonymous said...

Here's the real scoop: David learned everything he knows from his Dad.

Unknown said...

I just want to go on record as stating that, as his boss, I'm not comfortable with these abilities...

Dave's blackbelt = Dave does whatever he wants - Chuck Norris style!

Ric said...

Wow!!! You've come a long way Davy!

LOVE the ultrasound shots Dad.

Say "Hi" to the pro-com crew for me. Thanks.